Truffle Mashed Potatoes
White Truffle Oil Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Nothing says decadence more than a hearty serving of fresh mashed potatoes flavored with white truffle oil. Using only fresh ingredients, we take the bland, everyday version of mashed potatoes, and turn them into a culinary masterpiece.
Mashed potatoes are one of those great anytime dishes, served alongside a nice filet mignon, or pork chop. They can also be served alongside a hearty rack of ribs. They are also versatile enough to add to your Thanksgiving feast or atop a delicious Shepherd’s pie.
- 4 pounds of peeled white potatoes (diced into little pieces)
- 1 cup of light cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh truffles shaved (optional)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- While potatoes are draining, combine the cream and butter in a small saucepan and gently heat until butter is melted.
- Place the potatoes back in the large pot and mash with a hand masher.
- Add the butter and cream mixture,salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Mix in the truffle oil and then
- If desired add fresh shaved truffles to the recipe.